Saturday, November 16, 2013

Be Nice. Don't be a Heifer.

Remember my previous post? Well, my long week continued. I dropped my phone in a solo cup of iced tea. I was rather clumsy and now it will not work. At least I still had my old crummy android that I am now using. Oh well. It happens I guess. That's what I get for being a tea addict.

On to my main topic for this post. I work at a lovely little restaurant on Fridays. The owners are the sweetest people ever and it is truly a joy working for them. During my short time of working with them, I've never encountered any really rude customers. Today however.. I did. Two doctors came in. One I recognized from a few other visits and is very sweet. The other I had not seen before but I will certainly remember her now. I seated them and asked what they wanted. They ordered a hot tea and two orders of scones. I went to the back to tell the order to the chef and was informed that we had just run out of scones. We had a big order call in so the last four orders were sent to go. I went back to inform the ladies that we were out of scones. Well, Nice Doctor had gone to the restroom so it was just the other sitting at the table. I inform her, "Ma'am I am so sorry but we had a to go order that just cleaned us out of all of our scones.." Before I could get out anything else, she slams her hands on the table! Silverware somewhat flies up in the air and everything on the table rattles. It was not quiet at all, especially in a small space. Three other groups were currently present. Rude Doctor continues to make a scene by raising her voice, "I cannot BELIEVE you don't have any scones and it's the middle of the day! I just can not believe this. That is THE ONLY reason I come here. So I can have tea and scones. And now it's not worth my time!" I manage to get in, "I am so sorry. Would you like me to see if we can find an alternative?" Rude Doctor, "No! There is no alternative to scones. I just can not believe this. I don't even want to stay now!" (I'm thinking, yes, please do leave). She was rubbing her forehead and shaking the whole time. Just raising her voice and making it seem like we were the worst possible people on the planet. She gets up to storm out and by this point, Nice Doctor has shown up. They meet my boss at the door and Rude Doctor proceeds to chew her out. Yelling and making yet ANOTHER scene. I guarantee that she's actually three by the way she's throwing tantrums. She was super rude to my boss who is just the sweetest, most understanding lady ever. By this point, our other customers are just floored and whispering about this crazy lady that is just making a fool of herself. I have tears forming by now and am trying to take care of our other customers without balling in front of them. The doctors? They end up staying after Nice Doctor apologizes and Rude Doctor calms down. I then have to go take their orders and they wanted a lot of specifics and substitutes, etc. I get back to the kitchen and start telling my boss what they want to eat, but I start tearing up.. again. She asks, "Were they rude to you??" in the most concerned voice.. I break down, balling like a baby. It was really embarrassing. She frets over me and tells me to take a seat for a bit. Just a side note to anyone that doesn't know me, I'm a very tender-hearted person. Someone being upset with me just rips me apart. Bless my dear boss because she said that she would wait on their table so that I wouldn't have to. That made things much easier! I composed myself and went on to take care of the other customers. Thank goodness that they were all so sweet and understanding. This one lady (who I'm pretty sure was actually Reba McEntire's twin. No joke, she sounded just like her and looked really similar but with bleach blonde hair.) told me that I did a wonderful job and how much they enjoyed everything. After everyone cleared out and the doctors left satisfied, my boss was talking to one of her friends that had come in to chat for a bit. She explained what had happened and that she could not believe how that woman had acted. My boss said, "She was just a rude heifer!" Knowing my sophisticated boss, I busted up laughing over her saying it. We all laughed for quite awhile over the situation and that lightened my heart greatly. Geez life gets crazy! Laugh about it.

I was able to get quite a bit of positives out of this week though. I got a great shirt in the mail. It says, "I just want to drink coffee, make stuff, and sleep." BEST. SHIRT. EVER! I seriously think that this shirt was made for me. That's what my dreams are made of. The whole iced tea phone? I was given an iPhone 4 today. BIG whoop!! I can't wait to get everything uploaded to it. Reghan and I went to Tres Catina in Norman to watch my cousin play on Thursday night. It was a really nice and much needed girl's night out. She's the coolest. Tonight (Friday), I hung out with my "ex" for quite awhile. He's become such a great friend and I really appreciate him. We ate at buffalo wild wings, shopped for candy, went to see the new Thor, and played a few rounds of pool. I'm so thankful for all the loving and awesome friends that I have to encourage me on a daily basis. I would be a mess without them!

Just a reminder, be nice to everyone around you. No one likes being the victim of meanness. Don't be a "heifer."

1 comment:

  1. Wow I think that tops all my horrible waitressing experiences! That is pretty awful... I cannot imagine having to deal with that... poor you!

    ReplyDelete