Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sometimes.. Well Ya Know... Life

The past week (or a little over) has been filled with a ton of positive things. My brother got married to a super sweet girl, who I am proud to call my sister-in-law. I was a bridesmaid, make-up artist, nail lady, cake maker, decorater, hair stylist, florist, and crafty fool for their wedding.  I went as a sponsor on a youth retreat with our teens at church. That was so refreshing and inspiring! I went to yet another wedding, which I also did cupcakes and a mini wedding cake for. I hung out with my super adorable kids. Did (and am still doing so) research for a business opportunity. Took a few naps. Shopped, and several other things that I'm sure I am forgetting..

So why am I struggling with feeling blue??

Things happen, I know, but there was also a fair share of not so great things happened this past week. I was super stressed. I got virtually no sleep what-so-ever. I had severe headaches. I ate way too many sweets and I'm sure gained weight. I took myself out to eat..alone..twice. I rolled my ankle or may have even sprained it. I stepped in a hole, felt it slide out of socket, and heard it crack. The swelling and bruising has taken over my foot. It honestly just looks gross. That's what happens when you have a weak ankle I guess. It's already been sprained twice so I shouldn't be surprised that it has happened again. Ha.
My brother moved away. As if I didn't get to see him much as is, now I feel like I never will. My brother and I have always been really close. We would stay up way too late talking about anything and everything. Several people have thought we are twins on random occasions, and in some ways, we are a lot alike. He's one of my very best friends. Before summer started, he got a decent job and moved out. I have not been able to see him much since then. I know it's all part of growing up, but my heart still breaks over it. When most of my other friends moved away, I had him. We did stuff. We had the best times ever. Now he has moved and there is just as much distance between. I don't say all this to make you think he's abandoned me. He hasn't. He's still awesome and we talk when we can but I just miss him. Like a lot.
On another subject of missing, my dear sweet kitty Sylvester, is missing. He has been gone for over a week and there is no sign of him anywhere. I have spent time after time driving around, looking and yelling for him. I don't want to give up searching, but it is starting to seem hopeless. Sylvester is my baby. He has been the warmth in my heart. We would snuggle. We would play. We would go on car rides. He followed me everywhere. Sylvester is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. Long black and white fur portioned to perfection. Light green eyes that look straight into your soul. I know that I sound like a crazy cat lady. That's okay by me.. because I am. I'm crazy about MY cat. The fact that I might never see him again, breaks my heart like nothing else. My horrible break up a few years ago? Yeah it comes pretty dang close to that. I cry about Sylvester being gone, every day. I miss him a whole freaking lot. If he was present, he would sense my hurt. He always did when I was feeling down and would snuggle up under my chin, purring.

 
I can only wish for the best and that I'll find him. But a big part of me is just devastated.

I'm feeling down because of a lot of this and other little things here and there. I know pain doesn't last forever and God is getting me through it. I keep telling myself that rough patches happen. I've had my fair share of them for sure. I just have to keep praying and holding onto the Lord. He will never fail me even when life and circumstances do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You've had a lot going on... I hope your ankle gets better soon and I REALLY hope Sylvester comes back! How awful!!! I miss you bunches and bunches and still wish we lived only 20 miles apart!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete